Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chapter 16: The North Pacific Coast

Likewise to the North Pacific Coast, Merced is filled with trees! The new housing developments along with the old consist of many trees filling the neighborhoods. These trees range from maple, spruce, firs, and evergreens. However, these trees are not used for timber, these trees are more for the "decoration" of Merced. Along with neighborhood trees are orchard trees. These orchard trees bloom in the Spring season making for a beautiful country scene, but annoying seasonal allergies, which is what my dad and I suffer from! After moving to Northridge from Merced, I feel as though I have learned to appreciate so many trees in my old neighborhood. I now live in an apartment, not a neighborhood, and there is a scarce amount of trees near the proximity of my apartment. I miss the neighborhood trees and the shade they had to offer. I also miss the trees during a hot day here in Northridge. In Merced, at a red light, one could find comfort in the shade of a tree during a hot day, but here, there are no trees on the most busiest streets!
Trees lining the walkway to the old courthouse in Merced.
http://www.flickriver.com/groups/merced/pool/interesting/

Neighborhood lined with trees in Merced.

http://www.cityofmerced.org/depts/pw/trees_division/default.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment